Gardendale Leadership Academy
sponsored by the Gardendale Chamber of Commerce
Gardendale Leadership Academy is a five-month leadership program offered in Gardendale, Alabama. Meetings are once a month (will not meet in December), and sessions focus on local government, business and economic development, investing in future generations, and building community. As part of the program, each participant will be assigned a mentee from the local high school to work with throughout the program.
- Equip emerging leaders with basic leadership skills.
- Increase understanding of local government.
- Increase awareness of issues and opportunities facing the community.
- Provide a broader understanding of resources available in the area through exposure to existing agencies, institutions, and community leaders.
- Utilize teamwork, decision-making and problem-solving skills to identify a team project aimed at benefitting the community.
- Establish lasting relationships with other leaders.
- Maintain an active network of informed, qualified, and concerned alumni.
Gardendale Leadership Academy is offered to local leaders within the Gardendale community. Applicants must live and/or work in the Gardendale area. Participants will be determined through an application process. Space is limited. Please feel free to forward this to others you think might be interested.
Sessions will be held in different locations in the Gardendale community.
The sessions will be held on the following dates: January, 6, 2022, February 3, 2022, March 3, 2022, April 7, 2022, and May 5, 2022 with lunch provided. Deadline to apply is November 30, 2021.
Gardendale Leadership Academy costs $150 per participant. This cost will include all materials needed for the course, lunch, and snacks for each course.